District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) is comprised of parents, staff, and community members designated to advise district officials on English learner programs and services.
DELAC Meeting Dates
The DELAC shall advise the West Covina Unified School District Board of Education on at least the following tasks:
- Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners. The district master plan will take into consideration the school site master plans.
- Conducting of a district wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the school district reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- If the DELAC acts as the English learner parent advisory committee under California Education Code Sections 52063(b)(1) and 52062(a)(2), the DELAC shall also review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
Each school's English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) shall have the opportunity to elect at least one of its members to be a site representative DELAC member.
Learn more about DELAC on the California Department of Education website.